Thursday, November 19, 2009

His Promise (For My Education)

Today, I went to school and I received my report card. When I read through my report card, the result really amazed me! I can't believe that I got the first place in my class! I was like: "What? Am I dreaming? Somebody pinch me~" (...) "Ouch!" No, I'm not. At the beginning, I thought my classmate should be in the first place, and I should be in the third or forth place. And, I'm given the chance to go to the first class. I'm struggling with this matter now, because of my friends that had been spending time together with me all this while. But, it's out of topic, come back~ Haha...

It's a miracle, that I got the first place in my class. Why do I say so? It's a long story.
I know, some of you would say: "You are in the second class, not the first class. What's the big deal?" Ya, indeed it's not, but for me, it's big. If you really know me, you should know that I got a bit mental problem due to some reason when I was small. (Want to know? Treat me to dinner~ xD) So, this result is impossible for me to achieve.

Because of the National Service, I'm late for form 6. It's difficult to catch up every lesson that I had missed. I had gone through lots of hardships in the process of copping with the lesson in school. I couldn't understand what was the teacher talking about all the while because all those chapters were linked with previous chapter. And, I attended no tuition class, not even one. I felt like I was left behind, felt lost. I almost crazy.

I truely agree that studying in form 6 is not easy. Add on, the system changed by the government this year. We're like white mice used for experiment. It's suffering to study everyday from morning until 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Not enough time to finish homework. Not enough rest. It's not that I'm lazy to go for tuition, it's because I have no time. I'm serious, it's not an excuse.

Why? Everyday after school, other than bathing and having meal, I will spend my time to do my devotion. And then, I will do my follow-up as in call them using telephone, drive to bring them out for fellowship or even go to their house. Most of the time I was praying for them. I have no time for my own work. I'm not here to show off how holy and committed to God am I. As usual, I really struggled a lot in doing decision between God's work and my own business. I almost gave up because I had no time to study.

But, I hold on to His promises:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of the wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops;
then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.
Proverbs 3:5-10

But now the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me! Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.'
1 Samuel 2:30

I know it's damn stupid and idiot holding on to these impossible promises, but I'm sure that my God is not the one died on the cross, He is the One resurrected and has conquered the grave. He is an ever living God! What He said does. His promises are my only hope that I rely on. I trust in His promises.

Other than this, many should know that I'm going to futher my studies in America. Many of my classmate ask me why I still want to waste my time in form 6. I tell you why. I study not for my own purpose, but God. God called me to go for form 6 and I'm there. I don't really understand His calling actually. I felt like giving up many times. I remembered I did a prayer like this: "Lord, I can't stand anymore. If this really your calling, bless me in my final examination. Or else, I'm out! I don't to waste my time in form 6."

He heard my every cry. He answered my every prayer. My main purpose here is to glorify His name. I did it, not by my strength, but by the power from above! He is the beginning of wisdom. He is faithful forever.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."
Matthew 24:35

For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by me and Silas and Timothy, was not "Yes" and "No," but in him it has always been "Yes." For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ. And so through him the "Amen" is spoken by us to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 1:19-20

Whatever He said, He will never keep back.

I don't care how the others criticise about me. I will stand strong and firm for His cause. I'm not studying to enter a better university. I'm not studying to get a better job in future. I'm studying for His glory! I'm insane I know, and I'll always be. xD
Thank God! Love ya!

*His promise


2 comments:

  1. Hello Samson... I'm a Catholic... And I'm impressed you know... Though we may have slightly different belives but I really wanna ask you something. I wanna know how you manage your time in many things, not just in sports but in academic and most importantly in your Faith... Lately after my UPSR, I've been so addicted in church activities. It's like I really enjoy going to church because maybe its fun and all. Then my results came in and everything was broken... My results began to fall. I don't really seem interested in my studies anymore. It's like Que Sera Sera you know. Whatever will be will be. Then recently I was invited to join my youth group core team/ committee. I really wanted to so badly. Maybe because of the attention I get receive. I wanted to join my youth friends to be with them than staying at home and feel left out. I never felt loved and appreciated at home. With my mom consistantly telling me to study and get in top 10 in my class. I'm in first class this year... Then last February my told me to quit the Core Team. I was depressed. I hated it. Telling me to stop my activities in church for the sake of PMR! And now well, after the first term, she tells me to quit entirely everything in church regarding my youth group, saying that its too much, I'm too comitted towards the group. I was broken hearted. Now she's taking over my social life and now handling my tuition classes. It seems practically that she'll be sending me off to tuition everyday. I don't want to be treated like this. I don't somehow no matter how much I study it doesn't seem to go in my head!

    I'm weak in my SCIENCE and GEOGRAPHY. KH too! But I'm worst in Science.

    Now no more church choir, no more core team and no more youth group. I can't stand it. Sometimes I feel like running away and never staying here in this house. I don't want to live like this.... Help...

    ~Annonymous~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing writer. I hope to one day meet you in heaven, I'm sure of this. Today I stepped at a school in Utah, I have been out for 3 years and want to continue to medical school... I hope to one day save people and help my family. I do this for God first of all, I want to save the lives of people who don't know the love of God.

    email me sometime! I know it's crazy to run into someone on the net like this. But your words inspire me. Maskmanc@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete